Be a Supporter!

KillBillvolume2KillBillvolume2

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 226 Fans

768 audio Reviews with Responses

HDC: SJD vs. WarSpawn HDC: SJD vs. WarSpawn

Jolly good show, fellows. I'm on my fourth listen.

I'm still kind of stoned so I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.
Okay, so overall, in terms of delivery, SJD took the cake here. Spawn was definitely sloppier in portions of flow and slipped here and there. Nothing too big, but any slip ups can turn the tide if the opposition doesn't slip at all.
In terms of form, rhyme schemes, multi-syllabics, and more complex bar structure, Spawn took it for me, easily. SJD had some moments that didn't actually technically rhyme (Slapped and left don't rhyme, even as a half-rhyme.) A lot more simple, conversational style rhymes came from Senator. Towards the end of SJD's first, he seemed to pick up the complexity. Spawn was pretty consistent in this aspect
So, now it comes down to the personals. There were several shots taken by both MCs that were down right hilarious. The "I get dumped by hot bitches, you go out with fucking cows" made me lol. Spawn's angle of SJD attempting a truce was a good stab. I feel like Spawn's second was the strongest in terms of "Ooooh" factor and pure mud-slinging situational bars. SJD's bars were strong but there was a lot of general "Fuck you, you're a nerd and a lame" bars that could be used on anyone.

Overall, I think it comes down to a preference of really good energy and delivery (SJD) or really good personals (Spawn). It's really difficult to vote on this, it was a really good battle, and even the filler bars went ham and cheese on both sides.

Personally, I felt like Spawn's bars went a minute smidgen harder, and in a battle I prefer hard bars over delivery. So my vote goes to Spawn, but if SJD were to win I would not be surprised, this was fucking close. Closer than both MCs would like to admit, I'm sure, haha.

I demand an overtime blind 32-32.

SJD -1 WS- 2

HDC: WarSpawn vs. Wolfie HDC: WarSpawn vs. Wolfie

This was sick, but spawn took it. Spawn had sicker rhyme schemes, flow was on point. Wolfie did his thing too though, but my vote is for spawn

WS -5 , Wolf - 2

HDC: Doc vs Spawn HDC: Doc vs Spawn

Spawn's second completely sold it for me. Doc had some ill lines but didn't seem to be quite up to par writing wise. I get that this was a quick fun battle though. Good shit, good to see more battling

DR. - 0, WS - 3

Smile Smile

I feel like if you worked on distorting and EQing your wobbles, and then used some more punchy, dub style drums, this could be the shit
i mean, it's dope, but it could be: ...THE SHIT.

Obsideo responds:

Wise words from Dennis.
I'm still working on my mixing abilities, I'll get them up to par eventually.

Professor Swag Professor Swag

2 muh swag gurl

Rampant responds:

Don't you know it!

MadFleX vs Teqneek MadFleX vs Teqneek

Good shit fellas. I think flex took it though. Really liked that pipe down line, I'm a sucker for a good nerdy reference haha
Teq was good though. I feel like Teq has a lot of potential that he hasn't reached yet though.
I'd type more but I'm on my phone and I'm lazy lol

AKACCMIOF responds:

YEAAAA GURRLL!

SmK & SJD-Give A Lil Love SmK & SJD-Give A Lil Love

DIZ SHYT A BANGA DOE

Nah forreal, this was tight.

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

haha! thanks man.

Swag Universe Swag Universe

DAM LYRISICM.

Teqneek responds:

I've been writing this song for the past seven years.

level up {DU} level up {DU}

I like the synth work. The drums could hit a lot harder, and overall the mixdown could have been a lot better. The high end was really harsh, and the low end was kind of weak, IMO. Didn't really like your choice of drum samples, either, but to each his own.

The buildup to the ending was crazy, but then it was a little anticlimactic at the end. Loved the breakdown where it slowed down.

If you worked on the ending and the mix, this could be really good though, man.

decoyultimatum responds:

ya i didn't have the time to give it a real ending. i don't like the drums either but they are all i had to work with. im also not to good at mixing and mastering which is why there was a problem with the high and low ends.

HDC: Senator vs. Obsideo HDC: Senator vs. Obsideo

Wow, 3/4 time. Never thought I'd hear that in a battle.

This was really good. I feel like senator rode the beat a bit better, but I really liked both verses. Senator's second had like an anticlimactic and awkward silence ending, lol

Eh, I gotta call this one a tie though, fellas. I equally enjoyed both of your verses. AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PUSSY ASS NON CONTRIBUTING ASS VOTE K YOU WANNA THROW HANDZ KEWL BAI

HDC responds:

Obsideo 3, Senator 1.. hahahaha yea 3/4 time!! good stuff!!! YEA GURLL!!!! CHEERS!!!